Aaron was born and raised in Western Oregon and started skiing as a kid. After being introduced to backcountry skiing, he started climbing and skiing the Cascade Volcanoes to prolong the ski season. He has climbed and skied most of the Cascades from Mt. Rainier to Mt. Lassen. He is actively involved in the Central Oregon Avalanche Center as a professional avalanche forecaster.
- Completed American Mountain Guides Association courses:
- Completed American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education courses:
- Completed American Avalanche Institute courses:
- Level 3 certification / Pro 2 equivalent
- Wilderness First Responder