Aaron was born and raised in Western Oregon and started skiing as a kid. After being introduced to backcountry skiing, he started climbing and skiing the Cascade Volcanoes to prolong the ski season. He has climbed and skied most of the Cascades from Mt. Rainier to Mt. Lassen. He is actively involved in the Central Oregon Avalanche Center as a professional avalanche forecaster.
- AMGA Apprentice Alpine Guide
- AMGA Ski Guide
- AMGA Apprentice Rock Guide
- Completed American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education courses:
- Completed the American Avalanche Association
- Level 3 certification / Pro 2 equivalent
- Wilderness First Responder