ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RISK FORMS
At the start of your program you will be asked to sign an Acknowledgement of Risk form. We recommend that you take the time to read this form prior to arriving, and we invite you to call our office in advance if you have any questions about it.
Climbing and mountaineering involve inherent risks – many that we can manage to a degree – some that are beyond our control. By signing, you assume responsibility for all the risks associated with this activity, and you acknowledge the hazards that are beyond our control. We do not assume liability for injuries or death. All participants are completely responsible for all medical and hospital costs associated with any injury, rescue or evacuation. You go at your own risk.
DEPOSIT AND PAYMENTS
A $300 per-person, non-refundable deposit is required to hold a spot on one of our trips. Full payment is due 90 days prior to the first day of your trip and will be automatically billed to your credit card. If you sign up for a trip that starts within 90 days, full payment is due at that time. We accept Visa/MasterCard. We do not accept checks or money orders, or American Express. For our international and Mount Rainier trips the balance is due 120 days before the trip starts.
PRIVATE GROUP REGISTRATION
If you plan to schedule a private group climb, the Group Leader will be responsible for all deposits and payments for the entire group. Each individual must still complete our Registration Form. Also, we require younger climbers (under 16 years) to join us in a private setting.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
Timberline Mountain Guides, Inc. reserves the right to cancel a trip due to lack of sign ups, or other factors beyond our control. In this case, you will have the option of receiving a refund (minus the $300 deposit) or rescheduling for a later date. Timberline Mountain Guides, Inc is not responsible for additional expenses incurred including non-refundable airline tickets, equipment, lodging and other travel related expenses.
- If you cancel for any reason, prior to 90 days before your originally scheduled trip dates, we will happily give you a refund less your $300 deposit, per person.
- If you cancel less than 90 days, but more than 60 days, before your trip, a date-change or credit can be issued but no refund is available. Credits are valid until the end of the following year and incur a $100 administrative fee, per person.
- No date changes or cancellations can be made within 60 days of the start of the trip, and no credit or refund will be available.
- Date changes and cancellations must be submitted in writing. Date changes will be charged a $100 per person administrative fee.
- For international and Mt. Rainier Trips, no changes or cancellations can be made and no credit or refund will be available. A $300 per person, non-refundable deposit is required at sign up, with a balance due 120 days before the trip starts.
- All credits are valid until the last day of the following year. Rescheduled programs must take place within the valid credit period.
We partner with the Timberline Lodge to provide snowcat transportation on our Summit Program. This machine is a great resource for bypassing the lower flanks of the mountain however, due to the extreme weather and snow conditions that we experience on Mount Hood, there is no guarantee that it will be able to access any particular location or elevation. We do not offer refunds, nor will we reschedule programs in relation to the snowcat’s ability to travel in the conditions presented. Climbs will depart from the lodge at the planned time, with or without snowcat transportation.
GUIDE TO CLIMBER RATIOS
Each climbing program has a maximum climber-to-guide ratio, listed at the bottom of the climb description. These ratios are determined based on the hazard exposure and the limitations of protection systems that we employ. For that reason, our guides will not exceed this ratio in technical terrain, and climbers in open group programs can be turned around to maintain the maximum climber-to-guide ratio of 3:1 for those continuing up. Private Guides are available for anyone concerned about climbing with unknown partners.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
- Once a trip begins, there is no refund or date-change available, in the event that activities are cut short due to weather or conditions
- Regardless of forecasted weather, we are unable to offer refunds, exchanges or rainchecks in the weeks or days before a scheduled trip.
- We will uphold our written policies in all cases.