Gabriel Coler began climbing in the Berkshires of western Massachusetts in his early years, eventually making rock and ice ascents all over New England. After moving west for college, he cut his teeth in most of the major western climbing areas including: alpine ascents throughout the Cascades, test-piece alpine climbs in the Canadian Rockies and French Alps, and most recently a free-ascent of Half-Dome’s Northwest Face.
- AMGA Certified Alpine Guide
- AMGA Certified Rock Guide
- Completed American Mountain Guides Association courses:
- Completed American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education courses:
- Wilderness First Responder