Trip Cancellation Insurance:
We strongly recommend that our climb participants obtain travel insurance in the event that they may need to cancel their trip. Due to already dynamic nature of our schedule, we are not able make exceptions to the policies below. Please see the Travelex Link at the bottom of this page for detailed information on travel insurance.
Deposits and Payments:
A 50% deposit is required to hold a spot for you on one of our trips. This deposit includes a $100 per person nonrefundable application fee. Full payment is due 60 days prior to the first day of your trip and will be automatically billed to your credit card. If you sign up for a trip that starts within 60 days, full payment is due at that time. We accept Visa/MasterCard. We do not accept checks or money orders. For our international and Mt Rainier trips, a 50% Non-Refundable deposit is required at sign up, with a balance due 120 days before the trip starts.
Private Group Registration:
If you plan to schedule a private group climb, the Group Leader will be responsible for all deposits and payments for the entire group. Each individual must still complete our Registration Form. Also, we require younger climbers (under 16 years) to join us in a private setting.
Cancellations and Refunds:
Timberline Mountain Guides, Inc. reserves the right to cancel a trip due to lack of sign ups, or other factors beyond our control. In this case, you will have the option of receiving a refund or rescheduling for a later date. Timberline Mountain Guides, Inc is not responsible for additional expenses incurred including non-refundable airline tickets, equipment, lodging and other travel related expenses.
- If you cancel for any reason, prior to 60 days before your originally scheduled trip dates, we will happily give you a refund minus the $100 nonrefundable application fee.
- If you cancel less than 60 days, but more than 30 days, before your trip, a date-change or credit can be issued but no refund is available. Credits are valid until the end of the following year and incur a $50 administrative fee.
- No date changes or cancellations can be made within 30 days of the start of the trip, and no credit or refund will be available.
- Date changes and cancellations must be submitted in writing. Date changes will be charged a $50 per person administrative fee.
- For international and Mt. Rainier Trips, no changes or cancellations can be made and no credit or refund will be available. A 50% Non-Refundable deposit is required at sign up, with a balance due 120 days before the trip starts.
- All credits are valid until the last day of the following year. Rescheduled programs must take place within the valid credit period.
Due to the above policies, we recommend that you purchase travel insurance from Travelex. You can find out more information and purchase a policy here:
Once a trip begins, if the activities are cut short due to weather, there is no refund available.